Jim Henson’s Creature Shop ™ provides digital visual effects, animatronic creatures, animation and flexible puppets to the international film, television, online and advertising industries and is based in Los Angeles and New York with international satellite warehouse capabilities. We are currently looking for a Director of New Business Development, VFX / Practical Effects to research, present and close new income generating projects for our Creature Shop. This person must have sales experience for special effects, animation, practical special effects and / or television or film production. This person will maintain new relationships and business with clients and also generate recurring business and projects with existing clients. This role will take place in our historic Hollywood location and interact frequently with key Burbank employees, both on-site and via video conference.
The primary responsibility is sales by identifying and pursuing valuable business opportunities and relationships in entertainment industries such as television, film, advertising, thematic entertainment, live entertainment and theater, location-based entertainment and VR / AR.
The Director of New Business Development, VFX / Practical Effects is responsible for:
- Generate leads and close sales for Creative Service Provider opportunities for The Jim Henson Creature Shop for design services, practical effects creation, and animation.
- Build and establish valuable industry relationships within entertainment to generate potential business development opportunities.
- Identify growth opportunities in the areas of entertainment that attract multicultural audiences.
- Establish new partnerships and maintain existing partnerships with clients.
- Foster relationships with entertainment organizations dedicated to inclusiveness.
- Research industry trades to identify / discover film and television production opportunities, advance technologies, rising trends and new business ventures.
- Work with production managers and producers in each Creature Shop division to develop complete proposals, specifications, budgets and creation schedules for clients.
- Prepare targeted sales and presentation materials (reels and turntables) to distribute to potential customers.
- Pitching and presenting the Creature Shop’s creative service offerings to potential customers.
- Work to improve Creature Shop brand recognition and service offerings to under-represented entertainment communities in the puppeteer and animatronic space.
- Negotiate agreements and work with Commercial Affairs to draft project agreements.
- Negotiate and conclude project agreements for the department.
- Coordination with the finance department regarding the creation of invoices, the client’s compliance with the contractual fee schedule and the department’s revenues.